Saturday, July 28, 2012

Honduras

At this time next week I will be landing in Honduras to begin, what I believe will be, an AMAZING adventure!  I have been praying about a mission trip for over 3 years.  I was supposed to go to Honduras the last week in March of 2012.  4 hours before we were to leave for the Airport, I received a call from our Mission Group Leader stating that the trip had been postponed.  I had a lot of mixed feelings about this and spent some time processing it.  We all met as a group on Sunday after church to discuss the events that took place to cause our trip to be cancelled.  We prayed for the pastors and the church of La Ceiba.  We concluded that God had answered our prayers to keep us safe.  It wasn't exactly how we anticipated our prayers being answered, but they were answered nonetheless.

The trip was rescheduled for the first full week in August 2012.  From the time of the trip being postponed until now I have completed a couple of great Bible Studies.  I did a study on Jonah, Navigating a Life Interrupted by Priscilla Shirer, which was very fitting with it's focus on "Divine Interruptions".  I just recently finished up Nehemiah: a heart that can break by Kelly Minter.  I have learned SO much about God's love for us and that he will protect us, love us, discipline us, and never give up on us.

As time allows, I will update this blog from Honduras.  So until then, I will keep my tent pegged lightly in the ground, be willing to travel to "Nineveh" because I have a heart that can break.

...and who knows, I might even post my testimony on here.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to reading about your trip!! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete