Tuesday, April 8, 2014

San Valentine...una día de amor

It's been a while, so here is a blog post about my Valentine's Day. 

I haven't celebrated Valentine's Day for almost a decade!  I feel we should tell those we love that they are important and special to us every day, not just on February 14th!  (another reason might be because I haven't had anyone in my life to spend Valentine's day with...but I digress)

This winter has been SO cold!  I haven't minded the snow as much as the cold weather!  Most of this past winter was sub-freezing and many days sub-zero temperatures.  I decided to "treat" myself this Valentine's day.  I decided to buy myself a right hand diamond ring.  It is something I have been wanting for some time but kept talking myself out of it.  The ring that I chose has a special meaning to me.  Until now, the only other person who knows the meaning is the salesman at the jewelry store.  I bought an infinity diamond ring.  I've been struggling with a few things in my personal life and it was becoming overwhelming.  (truth be told, God and I were in one of our arguments again...and, like always, he won!) 




During some prayer and reflection, I was reminded again of God's Love, Grace, Patience, Acceptance, and Understanding of me.  It is INFINITE!  I went to the jewelry store and picked out the ring and ordered it.  Waiting for it to come in seemed to take forever.  I enjoy wearing this ring because when I look down at my right ring finger I am reminded of God's love for me and that he is infinite.  Some might think it is silly.  I strive to be as humble as I can, but sometimes it is nice to have a little piece of materialism to look at to remind you of how AWESOME our God is...yesterday, today, and forever.

I also found this cute paw print necklace.  It was on clearance and I thought it would be nice to have a piece of jewelry to remind me of all the unconditional love my dog, Jasper, has given me the past 8 years. 

My wonderful cousin, Amy, has done a great job at making me feel special.  I will randomly receive flowers from her with a note saying that she loves me and was thinking of me.  This past Valentine's Day was no different.  I honestly was not anticipating a gift of any kind for Valentine's Day.  The receptionist at work buzzed me and asked me to come downstairs.  I had NO idea why.  I was thinking an issue with our credit card machine or a customer wanted to speak with someone in the accounting department.  It was a pleasant surprise to see the beautiful bouquet of flowers awaiting me.  I was a bit puzzled when I read the card because there was no name listed.  My dog is the only male in my life so by simple process of elimination, I figured it had to be from Amy.  Thanks, Amy, for always loving me and making me feel special.  I appreciate it more than you'll ever know.

So, if you have been following me on Facebook and saw the photogrid I posted about my Valentine's Day, here is the back story. 

"I want you to know all about Christ's love, although it is too wonderful to be measured.  Then your lives will be filled with all that God is." ~ Ephesians 3:19

"I am sure that nothing can separate us from God's love -- not life or death, not angels or spirits, not the present or the future, and not powers above or powers below.  Nothing in all creation can separate us from God's love for us in Christ Jesus our Lord!" ~ Romans 8:38-39

No comments:

Post a Comment