Wednesday, August 15, 2012

8.10.2012 A La Playa

Today we woke up early to dedicate the workshop.  It was great to see so much progress completed this week.  There is now a building with the work benches needed to teach the Honduran boys a trade and help bring them pride and facilitate dreams.  Below is a picture of Builder Bill cutting the first piece of wood in the workshop.  He moved to Honduras about 14 months ago and will be teaching the Honduran boys a trade and how to be a man of God.

Chestnut Ridge Church surprised Builder Bill with a drafting table!  It has "IGC" engraved going down and "CRC" going across to always remind them that our church will always be there for their church and their mission.

After the dedication, the mission team and some of the IGC team loaded onto the bus to go on a canopy tour.  What great fun!  There were 20 platforms and one of them was 0.6 miles long!

Next we went to Hotel Palma Real for lunch, swimming, and the beach.  The view was fantastic!  We quickly changed into our swimsuits to cool off in the pool  We found another group from the states and started a water volleyball game.  I decided I needed to go enjoy the beach/ocean some.  The water was AMAZING!  I realized they were starting a beach volleyball game, so I got out of the ocean to play.  This was slightly more organized, but the locals wouldn't listen when a gringo would call the bakk and take us out.  I decided being covered with sand was a good thing and I was exfoliating my skin  :)

Grace, Jason, Pamela, and I went for a walk on the beach to explore and take up some time before getting back on the bus to continue our busy day!

We stopped to buy some souvenirs and coffee before dinner.  We ate many different kinds of pizza.  Yulkiria and Nallive got to go with us and they had a blast.  I asked the girls what their favorite part of the day was and they said "swimming and eating pizza" with us.  I loved seeing the excitement in their eyes.  What a great day spent enjoying the beauty of Honduras.

No comments:

Post a Comment