Thursday, August 9, 2012

8.7.2012 (Too tired to come up with clever blog titles)

Today we had a lot of rain from Tropical Storm/Hurricane Ernesto.  Not many kjids showed up for CNI today so we spent a lot of time organizing supplies and playing with the children.  They LOVE to jump rope and play soccer with ANY type of ball they can find.  They were also very interested in our cameras and phones.  I was quickly dissed when they saw my phone is not an iphone nor does it have games on it!  (I'm so old!)  Some of the children who attend CNI are in need of a sponsor.  It is $45/month.  I have been praying about this and I've been trying to get to know all the children who attend CNI.

We are suppose to tye dye shirts tomorrow.  Too much rain today and too little children in attendance.  I also want to go back out to the construction site and work on the house.

Cienna and I have been spending a lot of time together and we laugh A LOT!  Lorena took Logan, Cienna, Hector David, Angie, Sofia, and myself to the mall or ice-cream and to pick up supplies to make s'mores.  As we are walking around the mall, Cienna says we are "The Beverly Hill-Gringos".

Hector has been busy working and practicing with the church band.  I haven't been able to spend much time with him.  We have church service tomorrow night and then the CNI/La Ceiba Church has challenged the Mission group to a volleyball match.  We attempted to practice this afternoon, but the cement court had some standing water in it and the ball was soaked with water.  Cienna and I are active volleyball players (She is on the club team at WVU and I play at Richmond Volleyball Club), so this just wasn't cutting it for us.  Plus we like more structured volleyball.  Thankfully, no one got hurt in practice and hopefully no one gets hurt tomorrow.  The mission teams have never beat the church/school.  I think we need to change this!

No comments:

Post a Comment