Today, Barry shared his testimony and I was teary eyed the entire time. I'm always amazed at how God works and I love hearing the stories of how he has worked in the lives of others. He came over and spoke to me after our devotion time was over and shared a little more of his story with me. I shared with him the beginning part of my testimony and how God taught me forgiveness. As I was sharing my story, I began to cry (and I am not a crier). He hugged me, which made me cry hearder and I'm not sure why.
I went to prepare the t-shirts to be tye dyed and to play with the kids. We made green, purple, pink, red, and orange shirts for the field trip on Friday. We went to listen to Justin and Dillon practice for church tonight. We also went to learn more about sponsoring a child at CNI. There are 11 here in La Ceiba who are in need of a sponsor. I am trying desperately to work this into my bedget. I am just trying to figure out which child I want to sponsor. When the afternoon session was over, we loaded everyone up into the vehicles to deliver meals to 20 of the CNI families. The poverty here finally hit home. WOW! These kids live in shacks on the side of the mountains. Some of them live in homes built by Hogar Total (Total Home). I was doing OK keeping my composure until I physically gave a grandmother her supply of food. I was so over come with emotion. When I prayed to God to break my heart for what breaks his, I had no idea it would be answered so quickly. These kids run around barefoot through the mud, trees, rocks, etc like they have the best pair of running shoes in the world. I just want to give away everything I have! Bill pointed out that the kids all seem to be happy playing with their friends and don't seem to notice how poor they are or how much they don't have. Americans are so spoiled and have absolutely no idea what "poor" is about.
Tonight is the big volleyball game against the CNI staff and I am trying to decide if I'm going to play. I'm not much for playing "for fun" and I'm not sure I can tolerate "back yard volleyball". Plus I don't want to get hurt.
I want to close out today with this verse from Isiah.
"Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings."
No comments:
Post a Comment