Today was my first day working in the CNI Clinic. I spent part of the morning watching the kids juimp rope and play soccer. Patty and I went over to introduce ourselves to 2 young boys and a little girl who were watching the soccer game. Anthony and Kevin were very talkative. I couoldn't get a response, head shake, or even eye contact from Anthony's little sister. I started reading a Clifford bot to them (in Spanish) and they really liked it.
I then took out my camera to show them some pictures of my family. They quickly wanted to have their picture taken and to take pictures with my camera. This was cut short because the teachers said it was time for class... and it was starting to rain.
In the morning group, I helped reinforce verbs and the students completed a worksheet. The next worksheet was to cut out pictures and cooresponding words and paste them into their notebooks. It was to reinforce matching and vocabulary.
The mission team ate lunch together and talked about our morning experiences. Shirley informed us that 2 people in the Total Health Clinic accepted Christ into their hearts this morning. What wonderful words to hear.
It was then time to start the afternoon session with a new group of students. I started out reinforcing addition skills to the 1st graders and then helped a little boy write the alphabet.
We returned home and rested up a bit and then played cards wtih our family, told jokes, and ate dinner. Little Sofia slept through most of it and Hecter was at work. I taught Angie how to fishtale hair and she painted Cienna and my nails with the sparkely purple nail polish I bought her. We listened to music and enjoyed a strong thunderstorm from Tropical Storm/Hurricane Ernesto...well Cienna didn't so much enjoy it.
I'm showered, journaled, and getting ready for bed. I'm leading the morning devotional for our group so I need to get some sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment