Sunday, August 5, 2012

That was the best cold shower...EVER!

There is no hot water in Honduras...or even warm for that matter.  Only cold.  We worked on the house today and got to meet the family who will be moving in this week.  The tin roof was put on and we leveled out the floor with dirt and they will mix the concrete tomorrow.  We also prepped for the windows and doors to be hung.  We went back to the church for lunch and had, yet another, delicious meal.  Once we finished eating and enjoying each other's company, we split up into 2 groups.  One group went back to the work site to load up rocks/building supplies for future projects and the other group sorted and organized the supplies we brought with us.  We have the school supplies for the CNI (including t-shirts to tye-dye with the children!) and then medicine for the health clinic.  We took inventory of all the medicine and their uses. 

We walked home from the church and began getting ready for Sunday night church services.  I was never so happy to take a cold shower!  It felt AMAZING!  Then, I had to get out and I was drenched in sweat.  Everyone has been so nice and we are really enjoying ourselves.

Our devotions this morning was from John 10:1-15 - The Shepherd and His Flock.  I started confusing myself because I was listening to the pastor speak in English and then Roberto (Charlie Brown) would translate and I started mixing the languages up in my head!  Easy mistake, I guess.

After church services tonight, we are going out to eat as a group.  I hear the Chinese food down here is absolutely AMAZING and like nothing we have in the states.  I'll report more on this later.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment