Wednesday, August 15, 2012

8.11.2012 The Zoo... with about 100 kids!

This morning we were up bright and early so we could set up the furniture in the house before we presented the family with the keys and blessed their house.  I don't think there was a dry eye by anyone in attendance.  It was so great seeing how God has used us to bless this family.

We headed back to IGC to pick up the kids for the field trip to the zoo.  We decided against putting them in the dye dyed t-shirts we made them because they came dressed to the 9s! (or the best they have).  It really was a beautiful sight.  They were SO excited!  They were really well behaved.  The biggest difficulty we had in my group/bus was getting the kids to stay seated and keep their hands inside the windows.  They kept wanting Chewy (Jesus) to drive faster.  They were a little loud at times, but they were having a blast.  Many of the children have never even been to downtown La Ceiba and have only been on a bus to get from their village to church a couple times a week.

When we got to the zoo, we immediately had lunch.  We thought this was best since they haven't really touched anything to get dirty.  I, again, saw this as a blessing.  I got to spend another day with the children and the children were guaranteed another meal this week.

The week is really starting to catch up with all of us.  I had to take a nape before church tonight.  It was much needed and well deserved.

We got a thunderstorm with heavy rain so we weren't able to play volleyball.  We told Roberto that CRC wins and they forfeited since they challenged us and then we weren't able to play.  We told them the re-match will be in Morgantown!

We ended up going to Baskin Robin for ice-cream (AGAIN!).  Hector and Lorena had a graduation party to attend so they asked Logan, Cienna, and I if we would watch Hector David and Angie.  They were excellent (as usual) and enjoyed the ice-cream Logan bought them.  We came home to pack and the kids watched Lorax.  I was sitting on the love seat watching the movie with Angie and Hector David when Hector and Lorena came home from the party.  Their friends came with them.  They are from Guatemala.  Wiler, the one who was the guest of honor, his wife, Leticia - also Lorena's best friend, and their 2 children. I would love to visit with them more, but I need some sleep!  ...as more friends arrive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment